Savin Hill Yacht Club

Founded in 1875

Savin Hill Yacht ClubThe Savin Hill Yacht Club (SHYC) was founded in early summer 1875, as the Savin Hill Beach Association. The club was chartered on 10 October 1888 under its present name. The club is named for a scenic hill renamed Savin Hill by Joseph Tuttle, who operated a summer hotel in the area and took the name from the red cedar trees that formerly covered the rocky eminence.